Help Bring Boo Home to the Overstreets

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

food tracking

when I was in college, I kept a food diary and was able to lose some weight. I know key was writing it down. I'm hoping that making my "diary" public will force me to eat better and not cheat. I'm writing it all down here.
day one:

breakfast: meal replacement

morning snack: banana

lunch: grilled chicken salad with baby spinach, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, one hard boiled egg, and tablespoon of tomato vinigrette

snack: small peach

dinner: fish and steamed veggies

All day: 2 Sparks, 2.5 liters of water


Day two:

Got up with the alarm--no snooze!!

Run 2.15 miles; felt tired the last .5 and just walked it; sweating like crazy; but not exhausted

breakfast: meal replacement chocolate!!

Spark orange

morning snack: felt a little headache, sure it's from no caffenine for a couple days; ate snack and feeling better; one whole wheat rice cake with about tablespoon natural peanut butter (very yummy)

lunch: grilled chicken salad with oil and vinegar

snack: carrots and hummus; fruit punch spark

dinner: 3 oz sirlion steak, skewer of grilled veggies, four peanuts (it was very hard to resist the rolls--I just didn't look at them and made Eric and JD eat them)

lots of water!!
I could tell I didn't drink as much today, or maybe I just needed more. I was a little more hungry, but at supper, I was full on a small amount. I know I have to force myself to do some water chuggin'.

Day Three:
Slept in a little. Didn't run. I'm doing the couch to 5K and you only run every other day. I plan on doing some yoga or ab stuff today (didn't happen; I sewed all day). Still couldn't get past 1/2 the fiber drink. It's so gross.

Breakfast: Chocolate meal replacement shake (lots of protein in these and they are YUMMY).

Spark Orange (need to drink my second one a little earlier today. I had some trouble getting to sleep last night). Drank the other one around 1:30, maybe I'll be able to sleep tonight.
Lunch: leftovers from last night (3 oz steak and skewer of veggies) Plus some extra cucumbers.
Snack: rice cake with PB
Supper: Chicken lettuce wraps The kids even loved them.
Snack: banana
Today was the easiest of the past three days. I wasn't hungry, didn't feel like I was "craving" anything.

No comments: