Help Bring Boo Home to the Overstreets

Monday, February 15, 2010

New (repurposed) dress for the princess




Last spring/summer, I bought a couple cute skirts at goodwill for $.99. They've been sitting in my sewing closet since then, waiting for me to do something with them. I finally got around to repurposing one of them into a spring/summer dress for the princess. Since we were out of school today for Presidents Day, I thought I'd do a little sewing. The house was clean (kinda), and it snowed, so we didn't want to venture out (and because I needed an excuse not to get out of the sweats). Nothing fancy. I used the existing zipper to make the top more fitted. Added straps out of the extra fabric cut to make it fit. She'd tried it on several times already and didn't want to put it on for the final picture. It's made out of the stretchy, cotton-y fabric. Looks like its going to be a favorite this summer.