Help Bring Boo Home to the Overstreets

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New at this Stuff


Hi all! I'm very new at this blogging stuff, but I am fascinated with how many crafty people out there blog. I've learned so much from you. I hope to post some of my creations here and get some feedback on what I've done so far.

A little about me...I'm married to an amazing man I met in college, (we have two beautiful kids), I only sew easy stuff (mostly because I'm scared to try anything hard), I make my kids' birthday cakes every year, because my mom made mine, I have one younger, very beautiful sister, and a very funny four year old niece. My sister-in-law is just as beautiful, but really thinks she's twenty, when she's only fourteen. I live in Tennessee and yes, I love country music, and springtime (or the two weeks before it gets hot and humid). It's either summer or winter, there's no in-between.

I love to go to the beach, but I hate the sand that gets into everything. My kids make the trips amazing--seeing things for the first time, experiencing the slap of the waves and the ripples they make on the beach. I love seafood and can eat my weight in boiled shrimp and crab legs.
Watermellon and homemade ice cream are other favorites of mine.

I teach 8th graders Reading and writing at a large middle school. I coach middle school cheerleaders, and I'm the new yearbook sponsor at our school.

I love learning new things, and will try to sew almost any free pattern I find on-line. I used to sell my dresses, but decided I'd rather sew for my little girls instead. But, if you see something you like, I'll gladly make it for you.

No comments: