Help Bring Boo Home to the Overstreets

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Ice cream summertime dress...for Emma



I just finished my niece's dress, actually started and finished it today. It was an easy one though...New Look 6578...with sholder ties instead of buttons. She's just turned four and picked the material herself...bright pink with white polka dots tutti-frutti fabric from Joann's. Not my favorite, but she liked it. It reminds me of a summertime ice cream cone. I don't know why, I just think ice cream and summertime when I see this dress. I got the sholder tie idea from my favorite little material store in Smyrna, Stitchers Playhouse. An amazing little store with the sweetest ladies running it. The best fabric and the best customer service around. They are always willing to help with a problem you might be having or to pick out the perfect material.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute, and I think the fabrics are adorable. Sometimes the simple patterns really do make a dress stick out. Nice job.