Help Bring Boo Home to the Overstreets

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Busy Month


Yes we are some silly guys. This has been a super busy month for us. The end of July had Eric out of town for a week, then his sister was in a terrible car accident(she's doing better now), and I ran my first 5K. We also started school the first week of August. JD is a 2nd grader (more on that in another post) and Julez is a brand new kindergartener!!! Where has the time gone? I don't even feel like I had a vacation. When's fall break again, and where can I go???
I ran my first 5K a week ago and it was so much fun. It was held on one of the local college campuses--and there were about 900 people in it. I finished 31st in my age group with a 35:19 time (15 seconds over my goal!!!). My plan is to run one a month and as soon as I can run a full one, start training for a 10K. I'm lucky to have great support at home, work, and with friends to encourage me with the running.
I've also reached my 3rd weight loss goal. I'm not at minus 16 lbs!! I'm half-way to the final goal. I hope to reach it by Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WAY TO GO!!! That's awesome! Can you believe how quickly the summer goes? Do you homeschool or do you have your days to yourself now?

The Elliotts said...

Jenny, I'm a teacher in a middle school. My kids go to a school close to where I work. I don't have the patience to home school. I admire those who can do it well.