Help Bring Boo Home to the Overstreets

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Fabric Shopping

Today, I talked the kids into going fabric shopping with me. Actually, I just told them we were going and braced myself for the grunts, pouts, and whines.

First stop, Stitchers Playhouse where I scored some oh, so cute Michael Miller guitar print fabric , some "cufflink"(which isn't as leaf-y colored as it is on-line), and some turquoise 60". All were 35% off!!! Their summer fabric, most of it, is marked at 35% off!! So, of course I HAD to get something. Now, if they would just post their fall classes so I could sign up for something.

Next stop was mentioned by Jenny at Southern Institute. She blogged about this fantastic fabric store in Nashville, Textile Fabrics. I just had to go. AMAZING!!! My favorite is still Stitchers in Smyrna (because TF kinda overwhelms me a bit), but this one is huge. If they don't have it, you don't need it. I found so many things that I want to go back and buy when I have an idea of how much I want/need. It's too costly to just buy and figure it out later. They have everything. I'm loving the Halloween fabric they have out (especially the grey owl print). I'm not sure the brand but it is gorgeous.

Then, we headed over to Children's Corner. They had several bolts on sale for 50% off. I was able to snag this, this, and this. They were super busy with a class and other things.

Final stop, The Fabric House. I only got 1/4 yard of this and this for a camera strap. But they have some beautiful decorator fabric, and I'd love to go back and customize a new comforter and drapes for the bedroom.

Can't wait to sit down at the machine to do a little stiching. Maybe tomorrow. I've got a LOOOONG to do list before school starts back in a couple weeks.

1 comment:

The Overstreets said...

Cute choices! I want to go one day!